Location: Nashville, Tennessee
VPH Adult II Program
Performs duties of patient care necessary to implement individual treatment under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Provides the psychological, emotional and physical care and support required by each patient. Assists in maintaining the therapeutic environment of the clinical program with occasional guidance.
- 6:45 AM - 3:00 PM
- 2:45 PM - 11:00 PM
- 10:45 PM - 7:00 AM
Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital is a 106-bed facility. It has three adult units in addition to a Child and Adolescent Unit. The Adult I unit treats patients with thought disorders. These patients are typically chronically and persistently mentally ill. Our Adult II unit treats patients with addictions as well as a co-morbid psychiatric illness. Adult III is a mood-disorder unit with a small geriatric component. The Child and Adolescent Unit is one unit, but functions as two based on age; children ages 4-12 and adolescents ages 13-18. We treat patients with a variety of diagnoses, ranging from Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and autism, oppositional defiance disorder, to depression and first-break psychosis. Adult IV consists of 14 beds reserved for the voluntary treatment of primary psychotic disorders and mood disorders. The goal in Adult IV is a supportive transition plan for outpatient treatment.
Sign-On Bonus Requirements:
The sign-on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past twelve months.
* Performs clinical care consistent with the patient's treatment plan, including but not limited to vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen collection and point of care testing as directed by unit standards.
* Collects data to contribute to the assessment of individual strengths and limitations.
* Assists patients with showering, oral hygiene, laundry and other activities of daily living as directed by the assigned RN.
* Provides input to the patient's assigned nurse and other healthcare professionals assigned to the patient regarding patient's progress towards treatment goals.
* Promotes and maintains a safe environment conducive to healing and health promotion.
* Assures orientation of newly admitted patient to the program and establishes a therapeutic relationship with the patients.
* Provides immediate feedback to the charge nurse about any safety concerns on the unit.
* Actively participates in gathering patients for groups and periodically assisting in co-leading groups
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Facilitation of Positive Coping Strategies (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate facilitation of positive coping strategies in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
* Human Growth & Development (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate human growth and development in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
* Patient Documentation (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
* Communication (Intermediate): Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
Our clinical and nursing support roles are at the center of all we do, helping us be the world leader in advancing personalized health. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Less than 1 year
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.