Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts
We are recruiting a Medical Director for Valley Springs Behavioral Hospital, a 150 bed facility in partnership with Baystate Health. The incoming Psychiatrist will oversee our full spectrum mental health care program for adult, adolescent, and geriatric patients in Western PA. This is a full time position that will share call responsibilities.
Holyoke is in the suburbs of Springfield and about 2 hours from Boston. It has a number of specialty manufacturing companies and is still commonly referred to as 'the paper city'. The riverside community also offers an abundance of outdoor activities and affordable housing options.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Completes all documentation requirements legibly and within timeframes established by Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- Leads the multidisciplinary treatment team and participates collaboratively in scheduled staffing regarding the treatment of his/her patients.
- Demonstrates appropriate medication administration and ensures that documentation regarding medications complies with facility and regulatory standards.
- Completes necessary documentation to ensure accurate reimbursement for services provided and works collaboratively with the UR Department.
- Complies with all Medical Staff Bylaws and Medical Staff Rules and Regulations. Complies with all facility policies and procedures. Maintains professional behaviors at all times.
- Share on-call schedule providing on-call services for patients and for responding to emergencies, admissions, and evaluations as necessary.
- Participates in performance improvement activity for the hospital.
- Independent contractor or employed model
- Graduate of an accredited medical or osteopathic school doctoral program and completion of residency in psychiatry required; board certification preferred.
- Prior inpatient and/or outpatient experience in a behavioral healthcare setting practicing psychiatry and/or addiction medicine
- Current unencumbered medical doctor (MD) or osteopathic doctor (DO)
- Unrestricted, state medical license, DEA and State Controlled Substances registration
- Understands and able to apply applicable standards and regulations (e.g. The Joint Commission, CMS, etc.) in his/her daily work.