Location: Miami, Florida
Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and supervises individual patient care on a nursing unit according to unit policies and procedures. Supports and upholds the Patient Bill of Rights. Practices under the supervision of the Manager/Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
- RN - Registered Nurse RN Licensure within the State of Florida or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- ACLS - American Heart Association ACLS as specified by the department- maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Institute as specified by the department- maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 90 days
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- BACKGRD - Level II Background Check as specified by the department- maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program as specified by the department- maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 90 days
- PALS - American Heart Association PALS maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 2 years
- Must complete competency assessment tool upon 3 months for non-Intensive Care Unit and 6 months for a Critical Care setting of hire date
- Minimum 2000 hours Level II / Level III NICU experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Career Development: National certified within 5 years of hire and pursues BSN preferred.
- Pediatric Nursing in an acute care setting preferred
Job Specific Duties
- Communicates the patient's progress, critical findings, and changes in condition with physician or disciplines involved in the care of the child. Performs & documents discharge planning per policy.
- Completes all nursing assessment of patients. Completes admission history & discharge planning thoroughly and accurately.
- Ensures all admission history includes spiritual needs, cultural, developmental, educational/learning needs, and psychosocial needs.
- Delegates nursing care based on knowledge of staff qualifications and competency.
- Performs reassessments as per policy and when there is a change in the plan of care and/or when an intervention is performed.
- Plans, implements, and documents the plan of care in collaboration with the other disciplines and services to assure safe and efficient care.
- Provides education and documents on patient/family teachings on health related needs (i.e. disease, medications, treatments, pain, discharge, safety, nutrition, skin care etc).
- Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by consistently performing thorough hand-offs & infection prevention measures. Assesses all body systems, ensures safe, effective, & efficient care.
- Ensures absence of medication errors, avoidance of falls, ouch-free procedural pain, reduction of pain, absence of blood borne infections, surgical site infections, & secure of endotracheal tubes.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus