Location: Naples, Florida
Provides operational leadership for all pediatric care services. Provide clinical leadership and expertise with the care clinical team. Proactively identify opportunities to improve the patient and family experience of care and the efficiency and effectiveness of resource use. Ensures compliance with legal, regulatory, and clinical policies and procedures.
Job Specific Duties
- Oversight of the hiring and work of care clinical team members in conjunction with Nursing and NCPS.
- Participation and clinical leadership in the development and review of appropriate hospital and clinical protocols.
- Leadership of regular team meetings for the operational and administrative functions of program.
- Development and oversight of metrics to demonstrate program impact.
- Oversight of program budget, review of performance measures, and use of staff resources proportional to activity and patient care.
- Regular review of financial and operational impact of program on the hospital and production of summaries for leadership review.
- Leadership in the identification of education needs for hospital staff and development of effective educational strategies.
- Outreach to and education for community agencies and health care settings as appropriate.
- Oversight for implementation of clinical protocols, utilization review, case management, quality assurance, and compliance programs according to hospital policies.
- Ensures compliance with JCAHO/DNV and other regulatory standards.
- Participation in quality assurance and peer review programs including compliance with and implementation of any resulting recommendations.
- Spokesperson for the program internally and externally.
- Participation in research, education, advocacy, and clinical initiatives to advance the field of patient care.
- Works with hospital leadership to enhance the community outreach to physicians, the public, healthcare facilities, and other applicable organizations in the community.
- Serves as program director for fellowship training, if applicable.
- Works with Public Relations to develop and update program marketing materials.
- Works with the SVP Foundation to secure philanthropic support.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy
- Doctor of Medicine - current state medical license and in good standing with medical board
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to provide expert patient care.
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with clients and co-workers.
- Effectively monitor and develop the abilities of subordinates.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Ability to use complex mathematical techniques to budget and provide productivity assessments.
- Ability to use logical and scientific thinking to interpret technical data and solve a broad range of problems.
Primary Location :
Florida-Naples-North Naples Hospital