At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
Join our MRI/Nuc Med Team at Banner Desert Medical Center and be part of an amazing team of professionals. Our state-of-the-art Level 1 Trauma Facility and X-ray department specializes in high level care to patients with multiple complex diseases. As one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals we are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals.
As an Associate Manager for this department, you will be responsible for providing operational, financial, managerial and clinical support within the department. You will have the ability to lead in staff selection, orientation, annual performance and counseling. You will lead a team that cares for both adult and pediatric patients in many settings that include inpatient, outpatient, Emergency department, OR, Fluoroscopy. Staff are committed to delivering professional, compassionate care at all touch points throughout their stay. Take the next step of your health care journey and join our amazing Medical Imaging department where our team delivers professional and compassionate care.
This is a full time, day shift position: Monday-Friday 8A-4:30P
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides operational, financial, managerial and/or clinical support within the department. Supervises and participates in selection, orientation, counseling and evaluation of staff. May perform prescribed procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocol. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides or facilitates patient care for patient populations and serves as a resource to staff for clinical and managerial support. Assumes responsibility for direct patient care when necessary. Promotes interdisciplinary patient care planning and patient education.
2. Demonstrates effective communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution in the supervision of the department, keeping the appropriate people informed. Demonstrates leadership qualities in support of department needs and Collaborates with various departments, outside vendors, and other departments to assure adequate resources and the proper coordination of safe, efficient patient care management.
3. Assists in the development, implementation, and interpretation of department/facility/system policies within the clinical setting. Responsible for providing safe and cost effective care while considering patient satisfaction and customer service.
4. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, provides counseling, initiates corrective action and directs the workflow for the staff. This position participates in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met timely and effectively.
5. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the goals/objectives and process improvement activities within the department.
6. Manages patient care activities within the budgetary and productivity guidelines of the department/facility. Monitors staff usage and ensures staffing meets patient needs in a fiscally responsible manner.
7. Maintains clinical competencies and certifications as required and assures compliance with regulatory agencies and laws. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information. Adheres to safety policies.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. May perform prescribed procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures.
9. This position functions within the Imaging department of the assigned facility. May be responsible for department budget and operations; and participates on committees as assigned. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program or equivalent program for other modalities (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography, Diagnostic Imaging).
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or modality qualified licensure (NMTCB, ARDMS, ARMRIT). Licensure by state regulatory agency required, if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography), if applicable. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 4+ years of experience relevant to patient population. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Health care related Bachelors degree and prior supervisory experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R8928
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.