One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Laurel Ridge Treatment Center is seeking a dynamic and talented Registered Nurse. To learn more about Laurel Ridge Treatment Center go to www.laurelridgetc.com.
The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care and management of adults (ages 18+), adolescents (ages 12-18) or children (ages 4-12) as prescribed by the physician and treatment team; to provide medical management and assessment as prescribed by a physician or physician assistant; to provide safety and crisis management for patient populations.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Provides leadership and direction to Mental Health Workers and LVNs
2. Assesses patient/resident care.
3. Administers medication and medical treatment as prescribed by a physician or physician's assistant.
4. Provides structure to and assists in maintaining the therapeutic milieu.
5. Documents nursing care and treatment progression using the multi-disciplinary treatment plan.
6. Implements nursing and milieu care.
7. Initiates and account for special treatment procedures.
8. Assesses, intervenes and directs staff in psychiatric and/or medical crisis situations.